Friday, October 22, 2010

Skillet Pork Chop Parmesan



I have been trying new recipes recently, just to be different and give my family more variety, because unfortunately we are pretty picky eaters. I make alterations to all the recipes that I use, it sort of makes them my own. This recipe is actually Bisquick's Skillet Chicken Parmesan recipe, only I used pork chops instead and I changed a few other things. I am going to post it my way. The recipe calls for pasta sauce, but I NEVER EVER use canned or jarred pasta sauce. When I make spaghetti sauce I make a big batch and freeze most of it and use it for everything from spaghetti to lasagna to manicotti and so on. I did not have any on hand tonight so I used what I call my quick spaghetti sauce, so I will post that recipe first:

Quick Spaghetti Sauce:

1 Lg can Crushed or Pureed Tomatoes
Italian Seasoning
2 Tbsp Onion Powder
2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
2 Tbsp Pepper
3 Tbsp Sugar

     In a bowl empty can of tomatoes, fill palm of hand with Italian seasoning (**TIP: To really get the aroma and flavoring from dried seasonings put in palm of hand and with the ball of your other hand crush in your hand) put into the tomatoes, add the rest of the ingredients and mix together.

Skillet Pork Chop Parmesan (can also be used with Chicken as per original recipe):

3/4 cup Baking Mix
1 tea Italian Seasoning
2 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese (I used shredded and it worked well)
1 Egg
4 Boneless Pork Chops (or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast)
3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil (or Olive Oil)
Quick Spaghetti Sauce (see above recipe)
1 Cup Shredded Italian Cheese Blend Cheese

*Take 2 shallow dishes (or pie plates). In one mix together baking mix, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. In the other, beat egg (I added about a Tbsp of water to the egg).
*Coat pork chop (or chicken) in baking mix mixture, then in egg mixture, then coat again in baking mix mixture.
*In 12-in non stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add meat, cook 4-6 mins, till golden brown. Turn meat, cover and cook 8-10 more minutes, until juices run clear when center of thickest part is cut. Remove from skillet to plate.
*Add sauce to skillet, place meat on top of sauce. Sprinkle with Italian cheese. Cover, cook 2-3 mins or until bubbly and cheese is melted.

*Serve with your choose of noodle.



No comments:

Post a Comment